Knowing is Half the Prattle.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Gasoline is cheap.


So, I've been sick and haven't posted anything in a while. I have "adenoiditis". I think I also just had the flu a day earlier so I've been out of it for about 5 or 6 days. The photo is of one of the perscription drugs that I've been perscribed. Brand name Prednisone. It's basically a steroid or in their language a "corticosteroid hormone (glucocorticoid)". It surpresses your immune system and reduces alergic type reactions like swelling in your throat (what I need). Anyway I just bought three of these pills. The regular price for all three pills is $9.99. Let me put the regular price into some perspective by putting it together with some other prices taken from today's commodities market. I converted all prices to be by the pound.

Prednisone$75,524.40
Platinum$16,391.67
Gold$8,472.92
Silver$146.85
Copper$3.07
Pork Bellies$.87
Gasoline ($3 gal)$.38

That's alot of pork bellies, and gasoline looks like a steal at $3 a gallon. Actually through my perscription drug plan I only paid $1.99 so really, I'm only paying $15,104.88 a pound for Prednisone. A little better than today's price for platinum.

No comments: