Knowing is Half the Prattle.

Friday, July 27, 2007

More internet posts that won't die.

Another blast from the internet past. I was searching my old e-mail address and found this post that I posted to rec.music.makers.percussion on April 2, 1995.


Drummer wanted for moody alternative band in NYC.
Must be able to play 3/4 and 6/8 as well as 4/4.
Must show up!
E-mail me directly at eqr3...@is2.nyu.edu

-Evan

The "Must show up" part of the ad is the hardest qualification to fill.

I don't remember if anyone responded to the internet post but we ended up going with some guy we already knew. I also remember an awful day of interviewing drummers from an ad we placed in the Village Voice. One drummer "Zebra" was so drugged up that he fell off his stool. Ah.... fun times. We saw Zebra again about a year later when he was playing drums in a band that went on before us at a place called Sun Mountain in the Village. To bad I threw out his business card.

No comments: